Tuesday 7 April 2009

NFTS Open Day


Have been reading back my posts since returning from Sins of London, and realised that in all of the excitment that I had forgotten to post anything about the open day I attended at the National Film and Television School.

It is difficult to describe this place, but the best way is part university, part mini film studio. It is like a shruken Pinewood, complete with sound stages, post production facilities and even recording studios for capturing scores.

The Producing course is 2 years in duration, with the first year about learning the ropes and the second about collaborting with other Masters students to create a working crew. One of the last tasks is to go on a networking exercise to the Cannes Film Festival.

One of the main things I noticed about the whole school is the quality of the students and the work produced. Nothing less would be expected from a place that takes only 8 Masters students from well over a hundred applicants every year.

Even though I am delighted with the place already granted to me at Royal Holloway, University of London, I am still preparing my entry documents for consideration in May. Even though the chances of a place are slim, the motto that you have to be in it to win it ring true. All I can do is work my very hardest on the application tasks and then equally hard in any subsequent interview should I be lucky enough to get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment